Stuck on how to format your narrative essay? Here’s the video we watched in class today. The first four minutes or so cover the nuts and bolts of the assignment, while the rest of the lesson provides a detailed analysis of how such an essay should be crafted. That part is definitely worth a watch.
Here are the main ideas:
- This is an essay, not a short story.
- As such, your essay should contain
- An inviting beginning (make me want to read it)
- Background information
- A thesis statement
- This is a personal narrative essay. Write about something or someone you know about.
- The event must take place over a short period of time and have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Word count should be between 275 – 325.
- If you type it, use Times New Roman 12 point. Print it. DO NOT EMAIL IT.
Watch the video: