Today’s lesson is one that addresses what you might find on any standardized test, whether GMAS, SAT, LSAT (Law School Admission Test), or others. Here’s how to tackle it.
- You’ll use RACE.
- Read the question on page 3: “How does EACH author support his or her individual claims about procrastination? Use details from BOTH passages to support your answer.”
- Read both selections. Pay attention to how the authors support their claims.
- Restate the question. See the sentence above in italics.
- Answer that question. This is your claim.
- Cite your text evidence. If you use direct quotes, don’t forget the quotation marks. If you paraphrase, don’t plagiarize.
- Thoroughly explain how this evidence proves your point. Instead of saying “this shows that ___ ,” say “this shows ____ because ____ .”
Questions? Ask via Remind.